FPM Remediations' highly specialized Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) and geophysics staff provide in-house expertise in all aspects of Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC), including UXO, remediation. Our experience ranges from inspection/evaluation and Munitions Response Site Prioritization Protocol (MRSPP) ranking through recommendations for future activities to removal and construction oversight/support.
We have investigated numerous munitions response sites, including small arms, bombing, and skeet ranges; machine gun, rifle, large and sub-caliber artillery ranges; anti-aircraft and tank maneuver ranges; and open burn/open detonation and pyrotechnic areas.
Example activities include:
• Conducted site inspections and performed a performance-based munitions removal on a former WWII bombing range to allow for unrestricted future land use. Provided oversight during the construction of 651 military family houses at this former range.
• Performed Site Inspections and Comprehensive Site Evaluations at 32 installations in 24 states encompassing all ten US Environmental Protection Agency regions.
• Performed Remedial Investigations/Feasibility Studies at former bomb disposal areas, small arms/skeet ranges, artillery and mortar ranges; armored vehicle maneuver training range, and munitions dumping area.
• Investigated munitions in marine systems, including lakes and rivers, and in sensitive environments, for example, sand dunes with sensitive plant species in a state park and a migratory bird nesting area.
• Designed and implemented a technical approach to render 500+ AN-M5 white phosphorus igniters safe for transportation and off-site disposal. We prepared a request for a special permit and received an exemption from the Department of Transportation (DOT) to move the white phosphorus igniters to a permitted disposal facility.
Our Military Munitions projects at installations from coast to coast meet the requirements of the Military Munitions Response Program, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and state laws and regulations. We are a small business with experience working under performance-based and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity multiple award contract contracts with firm-fixed price, time and materials, or cost-plus-fixed fee contracts.